Register now for Edge Energy Services insight sessions!
Edge Energy Services has released a series of insight sessions to shine a spotlight on a topic relevant to consumers in the Australian energy market. These sessions are designed to inform and educate energy procurement professionals.
- No cost
- No sales pitch
- Limited registration – only three sessions per person
- Currently restricted to 10 participants per session, to encourage discussion and enhance education
- Meet like-minded industry professionals
- Leverage over 50 years of energy knowledge and experience
- Sessions run from 4pm to 6pm, with light refreshments served afterwards
- Pending interstate interest, some sessions may be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide
The first two sessions have been scheduled as follows:
Tuesday 7 May 2019, 4pm to 6pm workshop followed by light refreshments
Topic: The future of electricity prices in the NEM
Tuesday 28 May 2019, 4pm to 6pm workshop followed by light refreshments
Topic: Renewable PPAs – fact verses fiction, risk verses reward
To register for either of these sessions, please
Future topics will be driven by audience demand, so please also register your interest in topics from the following list:
- Retail verses wholesale – where the value really sits for consumers
- Five-minute market – what does it really mean for energy prices?
- Financial products – should consumers be playing in this space?
- Embedded generation – understand the true value
- Demand side management – work smarter, not harder
- Constraints – the one physical market concept all supply managers should understand
- Gas agreements – getting contractual terms right and leveraging the STTM
- Environmental products – why proactive management is free money
- LGCs – are they really going to zero?
- ACCUs – navigating the legislation to your commercial advantage
- Procurement verses Risk Management – what is the difference?
- Carbon – what does the future hold?
- Portfolio optimisation – buzz word or an actual strategy to reduce costs?
- National Energy Guarantee – what’s left of it and how it stands to impact you
- Physical and Financial markets – how one impacts the other
- Gas markets – understand the true drivers
- Fixed price or structured procurement strategies – understanding different strategies
- CleanCo – what it means for QLD and the NEM
- Small Scale Solar – market impact and how forecasting the STP can save you
- Loss factors – how they’re calculated and potential impact on electricity costs
- Ancillary services – exposing the silent (costs) assassin
Dates for future sessions will be confirmed at the end of May but are likely to run every three weeks on a Tuesday afternoon / evening.
We welcome suggestions for these sessions, so please let us know if you have any comments or queries. We look forward to seeing you there!